This is a tribute to my wonderful dog that I had for the best 2 1/2 weeks of my life.
I love you, Gracie.
Here's her story: Our new roommate, Miranda, has a boyfriend named Quinn. Quinn's roommates pooled their money together to buy a puppy. When the puppy proved too much responsibility for these feeble minded nincompoops, they started to abuse the poor animal. They would lock her in the garage with no food or water for days on end... throw her in the snow... kick her when she was underfoot. Finally one day one of the boys said they should take her out to a field and use her for target practice. That's where Quinn drew the line. He told Miranda about the issue and we decided to rescue her from her tormentors.
Turns out we could not keep her either. And in a way we were torturing her as well. We had her locked in our garage during the day (although she had food most of the time) and then at night we would play with her for about an hour outside and if she was lucky she got to go for a car ride with me. We would go to my old apartment complex and visit some of the girls that still live over there. She would often attract boys for me to flirt with. We were a good tag team.
We were not the right owners for her. Although we lovered her, we could not give her the home she needed to be truly happy.
Here she is on our first night together. Look how much she has grown.
I'll miss you, darling.
I'll miss you, darling.

4 comments:
Cute puppy! Hopefully they find a good home to live in!
I am so so glad that you rescued this puppy. The guys that were hardcore abusing this animal are going to pay for what they did someday. I believe the hymn goes "all creatures" of our God and King.
I love that picture of you and Grace it's so cute!!!!!
Oh Megan...I can't even imagine how hard that was for you...don't you worry. Gracie is an adorable puppy and she will find a good home in no time flat....and hopefully she's retained the little bit of training I was able to give her...:) You were a great mom, she was lucky to have had you for those two and a half weeks!
Post a Comment