Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

My co-worker Julie invited me and Jonny and two friends to go with her family to Yellowstone National Park located in the corners of Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. It was amazing. Did you know that its a huge volcano? and that we have hot magma running a mere 3-8 miles underneath the earths surface? I didn't know that, now I do... and so do you! Here are a couple videos and pictures of the adventures of Megan & Christal & Jonny & Esther (But we call her Niki)


After our hike down into the depths of hell... which turned out to be a beautiful place after all... we climbed out. That actually turned out to be harder than climbing in the cavern in the first place. Hummm... I feel a visual aide for a Relief Society lesson coming on... the topic? you ask? Repentance. Its a little rusty... I gotta get the kinks out of it

Our trip started with some wild life. I got overly excited when we saw a RAVEN... which is a HUGE scary crow. Now I understand why poems are written about them. I didn't get a note worthy shot of a raven but if you click here you can learn all wikipedia has to offer.

There is more to come.... this will be a long one :)

2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

That looks like so much fun!

Amanda said...

So we have been talking to the kids about maybe going to Yellowstone next summer so I had to show them your post. Some (like Bre and Cannon) are even more excited about going, Kaeli a bit nervous especially after learning that it sometimes smells like yucky farts. Ha Ha. Kaeli wishes you had pictures of animals (that is what she is interested in, Bre is interested in geology) Cannon was WAY excited to see pictures of Jonny. He was pretending to talk to Jonny on his cell phone (on old dead one that he likes to carry around and put in his pocket).