Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Creepy Old Men at Maverik

As many of you know I have developed a small following of old men customers at Maverik. I don't know what it is but I seem to only attract creepy old men that are older than my father but not quite as old as my grandfather. Last summer I had a bout with an old man who wanted to take me for a ride in his convertible to Yellowstone... He showed up at Maverik almost every weekend hoping that I would be getting off from work so that we could take off. He wore the same purple cowboy shirt with matching sunglasses every time. Last Christmas I was given a kiss on the lips by the man who smokes 2-3 packs a day... There are so many stories like this I could fill up an entire book.

I had another old man encounter yesterday at work. This man is a regular. I don't know his name but I know him by this phrase... "That's a refill, Deary" Occasionally he says some inappropriate comment to me but I am usually able to brush it off. For example, one time I was teasing customers pretty bad as they moved through my line. (They like it and think that I am funny) He comes to the register and tells me that I am "being naughty" and someone needs to "spank me" he would do it but he would "enjoy it too much." Well, yesterday I was running late for work so I didn't have time to dry my hair so I just was letting it air dry with mousse. He came to my register and whispered in my ear that I "looked sensual with wet hair" and then he walked away. I turned all shades of red... then thanked him awkwardly as he headed for the door.

I don't know why this experience has been bothering me more than the other experience listed but it did. Maybe I am just getting fed up with the whole scene. He is not the only old man that thinks he can talk to me like that...

If only I could attract good guys my own age like I attract these creepy old men... geez... think of the possibilities??



I would never have to pay for a meal again.

6 comments:

Amanda Richardson said...

yuck a kiss on the lips!!! megan, don't you know the 'no kissing until a relationship' rule!!!!! did you have a relationship with an old man?? ok, sorry that was kind of gross and disturbing, i should not have said that. :)

Jenna Marie Bealer said...

Aah go to love the creepy old men stories... Thank goodness I haven't had anything this bad... yet...
and I agree with Amanda no kissing until you are in a relationship.

Karena said...

Wow, I think that would just creep me out enough to be abrupt in telling them to stop or even quit my job, there has to be a good way to go about it. Be safe and don't accept any offers:)

Mandy said...

ok, I thought that you quit!? Anyway, I don't know Jon's email, but Hali "really misses Uncle Jonny". Maybe you can tell him. She also misses you and Aunt Jenna. She was just so sad when she said uncle Jonny. It was too cute. Love ya!

Maymo said...

I will quit... I think by the end of the summer and definately before I start school again. I am also working part time with Frito-Lay as a Detailer. So I'll keep that job. It's way more flexible and I won't work on sundays!!! A bonus would also be no more old men stalkers

krick said...

ewww! i never had old men after me when i worked at the mav! the putrid green shirts must suit you better than me.