As I rubbed my arm I could feel the tingles go down my forearm and into the palm of my hand. Jenna said that I damaged the nerve endings. (She would know, she wants to be a nurse)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Adding Insult to Injury
Jon received his new slack-line in the mail yesterday and was dying to get it out for the first time. It was so cool to see how long we could make it. Justing Brunson paced it out to about 90 feet. And we could still make it longer. We didn't get much slacking in, however, because the line needed stretching. It was too loose no matter how much Jon tightened it. Jon also had the line about 5 feet in the air and he didn't feel entirely comfortable standing on it while it was still stretching out. So I helped him by giving him my hand to balance with. The first time he was on the line it sagged from its height of 5 feet to him almost touching the ground. He started to loose his balance and told me to "move, move, MOVE!" really fast. I thought I was far enough away from the line... when Jon jumped off of it the sling-shot/trampoline effect was very apparent. Jon explained as he was running out to keep his balance, " Megan! that could have slapped your face!" I said almost breathlessly... "It hit my arm" as calm as can be. Jon didn't think anything of it till he saw my face... all the color was drained out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sure that did not feel good, like a giant rubber band being shot at you:)
Wow! Are you ok? Wish I was there to kiss it better!
Where's the pictures? I'll be posting new pictures soon so feel free to steal them for your site-- Like Aisha's creazy ones...
Post a Comment