Ok, so I have been sick since Thursday. It all started with a little cough early in the morning as I was getting ready for work. It didn't really escalate into anything major until after I did my internship with the seventh graders that afternoon. Since then I have gone through some key stages of illness.
Stage One: Mild tickle in ones throat.
Stage Two: Hacking up what wants to be a lung but there is no phlegm to report with.
Stage Three: Mild nausea followed by a sore throat do to all the unproductive coughing
Stage Four: Fever and chills. 'nuff said.
Stage Five: You become a camel and drink all the water and herbal tea you can find... sugar stings your throat too bad. So no gatoraid.
Stage Six: Go to the doctor and be tested for the flu by having a nurse jam a 4-inch q-tip up your nose while begging you to stop flinching so she doesn't accidentally break it off in your brain.
Stage Seven: Lay in bed for 48 hours while you get up to pee every 10 minutes and then peeing reminds you that you need to blow your nose which forces you to halk a loogie into the toilet before you flush.
I am currently on stage seven, in case anyone is still reading.
This is what I get for going into classrooms full of diseased kids. I am trying to teach them good life skills like how to resolve conflict peaceably and this is how they repay me?? Darn kids anyway.
2 comments:
Thanks meg for the Image that you painted. GROSSSSSSS!
Love you
Karin
Anytime. I love being as graphic as possible :)
Post a Comment