Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm a bit overwhelmed

So... The reason I haven't updated my blog in quite a while is because I was so overwhelmed by the family reunion pictures that I couldn't focus on updating it. So here is the new plan. I am going to take it slow... like do a reunion post in between my life update posts. Sound good? Yes. I thought so... just as long as I update right?? haha.

These pictures were from September 17th and 18th. I spent the weekend with Julie and Chloe. Jared went to an Oregon football game and Julie didn't want to stay in their house alone. So I came over to be the 'man'. I did kill a spider for her. Julie swears it was a hobo. I swore that if she ever woke me up before 8 again to kill a spider... she would be in big trouble.


We went to Old Navy. We had to talk Chloe out of buying this hat.

We also went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. It was smaller than the Denver Zoo. But we still had a ton of fun.

They had a baby elephant



Chloe liked watching the monkeys the most


Julie wouldn't let Chloe tap on the glass... I guess that is what Aunties are for :)







Chloe and me hanging out with the Giraffes. I love them.


(Diet update... This is me 10lbs less than at the family reunion)



Funny story about this Gorilla. He was sleeping all soundly and Chloe wanted to be as close as possible. So we let her stand in the window sill. Julie and I got to talking and weren't giving our full attention to the Gorilla or to Chloe. So when Chloe 'fell' out of the window, Julie tried to put her back in it... key word (tried). Chloe started whining and crying and clinging desperately to her mothers neck. Julie still wasn't getting why Chloe was getting upset and was trying to put her back on the window. That is when Chloe lunged for me... basically saying:
"Maymo! Mom's not getting it! Save me!!!"

It was then that I saw this:
The gorilla yawning

with his pointy teeth out

frankly I was scared too.


Here Chloe is at the elephant statue that blows water an air out of its trunk. We waited our turn for a long time but the big kids dominated... and their mothers were too close for me to push them off. Dang you, over protective moms. Sheesh... teach your kids to share.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

I want those pictures that was such a fun weekend.

Karena said...

It is so good to see an update. I understand about being overwhelmed with the reunion photos. I am trying to get that done also.

Amanda said...

Hooray for Maymo! We love to see pictures of you and read your updates. Love the new look of your blog too!