Friday, June 25, 2010

An update...

I'd like to apologize to all my fans. I've been totally MIA this summer. I really haven't done much that warrants a blog post.

Here's why:

I've been working 2 jobs (the census call center and pilot) and averaging about 66-72 hours a week. I can hear you asking yourself, "Why in the world would she do that?" Well, I'll tell you. I figure working myself to the bone for one summer will be well worth it when I find myself out of credit debt.

The Behaviorist in me finds the idea of associating a horrible call center job with paying off credit cards very efficient. When ever I complain, or have a difficult call, I remind myself... "Megan, if you didn't have debt you wouldn't have to be here." Therefore creating an automatic aversion to using my credit card on purchases that could very easily be paid for using my debit card. My goal is in sight. Every pay day I get closer.

And although I am missing out on some social activities I do feel like I am doing what I am suppose to. I'm not perfect. My life is not balanced in any way. My teader-todder is definitely too low on the work side. But I am adjusting my time management and making me better.

Since this post was so boring I will include a picture of me and my darling niece Chloe. These were taken about 2 weeks ago while baby-sitting her at my house. Her parents, Julie and Jared, needed a date night. I took her to the grocery store and pretended she was mine. An old man in the cracker isle kept making faces at her. Finally he started talking to Chloe saying what pretty eyes she has. I told him that she got them from her daddy... which is true. I didn't lie.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

Oh Meg we miss you I can't believe i Have not seen you in two weeks. I can't wait till this census job is finished.

Amanda said...

LOVE YOU! I wish I could be out of debt in one summer! By the way-- You have pretty eyes too-- they just aren't blue like Chloe's.

Emily Hamilton said...

WE LOVE YOU MUGS! You deserve a nice long vacation!! Hawaii should be in your plans.
P.S. Are you going to be in Utah or Colorado between July 17th-August 12th?? We will be in town and would love to see you.