Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!!

My roommate, Covina had a wonderful idea the other week... to throw a Cinco de Mayo party at our place. I was excited because I actually had that night off from work.


The girls tried in vain to create a fire... the boys tried for awhile but it didn't seem promising because all of our wood was still damp from a months worth of rain and heavy snow. So Mathew (my friend from the Census) and I went to the store to buy some dry wood and lighter fluid... when we returned it Adam and Justin already had it blazing. Apparently, Adam had lighter fluid in his truck.

They put the right person in charge of the food...even though I burned the nacho cheese and the re-fried beans. I must have been a little distracted... can't imagine why -->

My awkwardness kills me.


Mathew made a new friend in Todd.


Thanks to Jodi we had the most wonderful Margaritas in town.


Our house was packed, but everyone still had a smile on their face


Well, everyone except for Edward. I think he was mad at us for leaving him in the corner...
Amanda was my inspiration to start dancing the night away. I don't think I would have even started dancing if it wasn't for her.




These girls won the award for the most authentic costumes


Mathew and I shaking it. I was so glad he came!! He has been my cubical buddy at the census since we both started there in March. Its surprising how well we get along even though there is a 10 year age gap between us.


Roni looks just like a movie star coming into our back yard... the wind blew her hair just right.



Oh yeah... Mormon parties and our virgin margaritas. I wonder what our neighbors were thinking.







Time to LIMBO!!


I did not participate in the limbo challenge because I am against cheating in games. And I can't limbo unless I cheat.




Heather and Covina pause to capture this moment together.




I adore this picture...

The long hair on the pinata was deceiving. But Justin enlightened me earlier this morning that it was Nacho Libre. I can now see the resemblance.



We should not have started the pinata hitting with a guy who just got out of the military. Poor Nacho didn't stand a chance.

Here's Heather giving it a go



Me, Heather and Adam checking out the damage.



Me and my Adams. Life is GOOD :)




Such a fun night! I am looking forward to many more parties this summer even if it means that our house will constantly be filled with campfire smoke.

1 comment:

Emily Hamilton said...

You're so cute Mugs! We love you! Miss you.