Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen... Presenting!

My Room!!


Starting with the bedroom door:
As you can see I am utilizing the Christmas gag gifts given to me by my sister Jenna...




My hat rack that I made while living in Idaho along with my ribbon embroidering skills on display underneath my Grandma Powell's Gardening hat.




This is what you see as you stand at the threshold of my room.




My bed with a smattering of pictures... mostly of my favorite people... my nieces and nephews.





A better look at my picture corner over my bed.




The top of my 215 pound book shelf (Cora is loving it up there)





Full view of the book shelf. In the baskets are clothes that would normally go in a dresser... but since I don't have one this unit doubles as a dresser and a book shelf... which I think is pretty ingenious on my part... since I already had the baskets.





Here are some close-ups of my favorite squares. I LOVE BOOKS!







I LOVE MOVIES!!!




Here is my beloved desk. This is where the magic happens. Where I watch my movies... can you guess what movie I'm watching now?? This is also where I am currently sitting, writing this masterpiece blog post.




Here is a view of my closet and desk area. I loved the curtains from the moment I saw them. The brown ones came from IKEA and I have been wanting them for some time. I just couldn't Imagine my room with out them. The closet curtains were found at World Market in the shower curtain section. I grabbed them right away because I knew they were perfect colors and style for the look I was going for. I was, however, disappointed when I found that they did not go all the way to the floor when I hung them up. But now I don't mind it anymore. It just means that I can't hide my dirty clothes on the floor of my closet... no biggy.





Here is another view of my picture wall... tell me honestly what you think about it.





Here is a view of the bedroom door from the inside of my room. As you can see I have a white-board that has my calendar and other notes on it.





This is where my guitar lives






One last look from the door




A close up of my letter blocks and my diploma





I am one happy girl in my new room. I think this is going to help me feel like I belong here in Salt Lake. This is a definite upgrade from my desk made out of boxes.

8 comments:

The Youngs said...

It looks great Megan. I am glad to see that Chloe Jared and I made the cut on your wall.

Karena said...

Very cute bedroom. That bookshelf is huge...I am sure it is helpful for organizing!

Brittany said...

Love it! I love that shelf and the baskets...so cute!

Amanda said...

Love it Love it Love it! Oh happy day! Do you have a picture of Kalea at 1 years old? I cannot for the life of me remember if I gave any out or not!

Emily Hamilton said...

I love your room! You have good taste! Miss you!

Unknown said...

From a design/graphic design/photographers point of view...

Your photo wall is amazing!
It does everything right and it helps that you have adorable people to have pictures of!

love and miss you meg!

Aubrey Jane said...

Great room Megan! I love the colors! My Mom & Dad love World Market. When are you going to come up to Logan?? We're blessing the babe the last Sunday in March! What to come up? Let me know!

The Moore The Merrier said...

Meg I just love your room. I love the book shelf. It's beautiful. And when did you upgrade to a MAC? Fancy pants! Also I love the pictures...I loved that you had a picture of you and me framed right in the middle. Made me feel oh so special.