Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chloe's 1st Birthday

Sunday we celebrated Chloe's 1st Birthday!

I wanted to take a few pictures of the birthday girl before all the guests arrived. Chloe had just finished her lunch when these pictures were snapped.

All I said was "Chloe, smile!" and this is what she gave me:


She's already starting the cheesy smile for the cameras! I couldn't be a more proud auntie.



I love how her eyes get all squished up


So Chloe's theme was ladybugs. Her mom, Julie asked me to make a cake that matched. I found a cute ladybug picture for inspiration.



I think it turned out pretty close. Even though this was not my original design. This was plan B. Who knew making white modeling chocolate was such an exact science? Certainly not me and definitely not Julie. We finished the cake at around 2:30 Sunday morning after 3 trips to the grocery store, 3 batches of modeling chocolate and 1 trip to my house to get my star tip...

Was it worth it??




I'll take that as a yes. Chloe's favorite part was the mint modeling chocolate. The only part of plan A that worked.


Here are some pictures of her opening her presents.

This is her first one... I asked her to smile :)





She loved the little dog I gave her more than the ginormous bear.



I just love this girl!! I am so lucky to be so close to see her every week, sometimes more. She keeps my baby hungries to a minimum.

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

you got such good pictures. Be sure and bring them when you come for Christmas. We love having you close by.∆˙fgeygvhvv978t7(and that is Chloe telling you she loves you).

Jon said...

that cake turned out to be awesome still meg!