Monday, October 12, 2009

Graduation Vacation... Post 12

Nauvoo!!
David and Kay took us to Nauvoo, Illinois for the weekend we visited. It was awesome. Neither of us had been there before and we were eager to see the sights.


Here we are on a sun-stone by the rock quarry. You don't want to know how I got up there... or how I got down.


Abi insisted on taking a picture of the leaf she has in her hand. So we let her pose with it and me and the praying statue. These were all outside of the Nauvoo visitors center. Its called "Tribute to Women."




This one reminded me and Jenna of Mom.



Abi is not too bad at taking pictures. Only a little cropping was necessary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mississippi River!

I made a big deal about us crossing the Mississippi River, every time we did it. I thought it was so pretty with all the lily pads all over it. We insisted on taking pictures by it.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Free Show Night!
David and the two older girls took us to a free concert put on by a BYU men's A Capella group. For the life of me I can't remember what they are called right now. All I remember is thinking that they were rather good looking and thanking my lucky stars that I was moving to Utah soon.

Jenna and I also saw out first lightening bug. The night was epic.