Once upon a time two siblings embarked on a journey. Their destination? Home.
We stopped off in SLC. We toured the conference center and walked once around Temple Square. It was freezing... but beautiful as you can see by the above picture.
We had some time to kill before our next destination so we thought that we would peruse the mall that was just across the street from the Square...
Did anyone else know that they blew up that mall about a year ago?
It only took us about 45 minutes to ask for directions and find out that it doesn't exist anymore.
Which was fine because it as time for our concert to start anyways...
First up was a band named Fictionist I was smitten by the lead singer as well as the bassist. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a musician.
Just in case one of my adoring blog readers was wondering... "You know, its about time Megan found someone to spend the rest of eternity with... I wonder what her type is? I need to set her up on a date." Look no further people. Here is my 'type':
I call it DREW DANBURRYesque
I love the Ukulele
I took a video of the last song he performed that night and you can find it on YouTube posted by my brother. Drew also found it. And he posted it on the following sites:
His Blog
His Myspace Page
His YouTube Page (he has favored it)
Pretty much I'm telling you that we are practically best friends by now. And if I hadn't come down with a case of the New Kids on the Block syndrome I may have actually talked to him face to face instead of blatantly staring at him like a creeper... blah, I hate myself sometimes.
So if any of you has a friend that can: play the guitar, the harmonica, the ukulele, sing like a mofo, and grow an amazingly manly beard, who happens to be over the age of 23 and is still shockingly single... you know what to do. Drew is, however, married. So unless plural marriage comes back into fashion anytime soon please don't try to hook me up with him, no one would like that.
We made it to Colorado. The first thing on Jon's to do list is to get mauled by all six of Amanda's kids...
I love naps.
I took one with Kalea too.
Christmas Eve: what was on my nieces to do list?? Oh, the same thing that is always on their to do list when Jonny's around. Maul him...
Fortunately for him he got away while they were still uncapping their sparkly Hannah Montana lip gloss with extra glitter.
Cute ones: I think there are only two...
I call this next sequence: Lindy.
Cannon is so dang cute. While his sisters and aunts and cousins are watching an uber girly movie he's taking pictures of them and then cheesing it up for me. I love him. BTW those pictures above were taken by him.
Our new tradition: Decorating sugar cookies on Christmas Eve
Here are Bre and Rachel
Here are Bre and Rachel
Lindy and ... and ... cousin IT apparently. I also tried to red eye reduce this photo. it didn't work that well.
Christmas Day
Our day started with Breakfast at Mike and Dee's house. They just got a new Wee. Dad wasn't too good on the drums. But mom thought it was funny.
Katie and her new CTR ring
Next house: Amanda and Ryan's
They too got a Wee for Christmas. Here Jonny and Lindy had a boxing match.
So me and Jenna wanted to take a round. Apparently I missed the memo about canceling the ugly christmas sweater party. Thank goodness it wasn't a 'bunny' suit. (Bridget Jones' Diary reference)
Ugly sweater or no, Jenna still won.
Next house: Our's!
We put off opening our presents until we got back from everyones houses. Here are some of the highlights:
Jen got me a frame that says: "Having a sister means having a best friend for life" and she put in a few pictures of us together in it. I loved it.
This is mom opening the Uke me and Jon gave her. She has been wanting one for as long as I can remember. Now she finally has one :)
Me and Jenna bought Katie the High School Musical 3 Mystery Date Game. We had to play it immediately.
I don't know how many days they have been wearing those shirts. I think they are very excited about the new baby.
Oh! I got to see Abby for the first time. Here she is with her dad, Brett. I think she looks just like him.
6 comments:
Love your Christmas Break Break-down! Especially the pictures of my girls! They are tooo cute! Those pictures of Lindy are pretty funny too!
By the way, it is spelled Wii! silly girl! you might want to change it...unless you were trying to be funny and I missed the memo! LOL!
Wow, talk about alot of pictures in one entry! Good to see all the goings on. I especially enjoyed the pics of Jon opening the present! Thanks for sharing!!
Emma said...
"Hey! That is NOT what I told her to look for on my list..." You know what list she is talking about!
"Blahhhhhh!"
"yuck on the beard, Maymo!"
That was one LONG post! Love the pictures. I'm stealing the one of the pile of kids. I'll be posting one of you taking a nap with Kalea soon!
BTW-- Lindy says she likes you too much because she misses you when you aren't here.
That was a great post! It looks like it was a great Christmas for you. I'm sorry the bearded man is taken. I don't know any of those, sorry. But I'll keep my eyes open.
Robert has a baraton Ukulele too. He rarely plays it. Maybe I need to get him a fun book too. That way when Aunt Linda comes for a visit she and Robert can play us a song!
These pictures are so cute! I want a Katie in my family. She looks so happy! I love the gansta photo the best :-)
Miss you! And your siblings!
-Christal
Post a Comment