This year my bishop asked me to put together a Thanksgiving Feast for the orphan children in my ward. I sent around flyers and counted about 10 people would be there (including me and Jonny). I put Jonny in charge of the turkey and he wanted to make the yams. I put Lisa (my fellow Relief Society President) in charge of the pumpkin pies. And I put myself in charge of the rolls, apple pies, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Next time I'm totally delagating responsibility more. I was a little bit of a control freak... I'm not gonna lie.

Jon's Turkey was amazing... we just don't know how to carve it...
This is why dad has an electric knife. And why I am going to invest in one someday.

Mangled-Mass-of-Meat... on a Mickey-Mouse Plate

Carcass... Jon and Tim ate some of the gizzards while I was dry heaving in the corner.

Mashed Potatos (I got the most complements on those) Two varieties of Yams, cranberry sauce, and a tiny view of the stuffing... it turned out pretty yucky.

Emily and "Jared the Weirdy" enjoying their first plates
Click on it to make it big. Em's face is classic
Tim sucking on the bones

Me... yes I was SUPER tired... I was lucky to even put makeup on

Jonny was so full... the weight of my guitar was just too much for him to support. See? I do need a smaller guitar!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I'm grateful for my brother Jonny. Without him I could have never survived this. He is my besty friend. Love you Brother <3>
2 comments:
Looks like your day was a great one. I am sure that you were missed by the family.
Yummy dinner! Good job making a feast! And yes-- next time delegate a bit more! Mom did a good job on the sour cream apple pies and Ryan again pigged out on it!
Post a Comment