I'm trying my hand in Online Dating. I've only given myself a one-month subscription to three different LDS dating sites. I've made my profiles exactly identical to each other... from the pictures to the about me section to the what I'm looking for in a match sections. I like to call this an experiment more than a desperate attempt to find my soulmate... Eternal Companion... etc. Call it what you will. I don't think this is a credible way to get to know someone for reals. But its kinda fun.
Report so far:
LDS Mingle: only prospect is Doug12. Although he doesn't have a picture posted and he seems a little socially inept. But what can I expect really?
LDS Singles: Clansman is a nice boy. We have been emailing back and forth for about 2 weeks and have even exchanged phone numbers. Although I am reluctant to use it. He is a student here at BYUI and one of my good friends knows him. (otherwise he wouldn't have gotten my phone number. Its all about the references, people). When he comes up for the Fall semester we are going latin dancing. haha... me, dancing.... haha. That will definitely seal the deal.
LDS Planet: the only guy who has paid any attention to me consistently was a 55 year old man named lover4you... I had to block him from my profile due to the fact that he makes me want to hurl.
Overall... I'm glad that I only spent the introductory fee...
If anything positive turns out I will be shocked. But I will keep you informed.
Also, Jonny thinks I am a complete loser for even experimenting with this silliness. I would like to know other (more educated, and more eloquent) peoples opinions about the subject. Nothing you can say will hurt my feelings.
8 comments:
You are a daring person!
I know people who have had success in the online thing, but it is something I could have never done.
I didn't realize that there were so many different sites for LDS single people! I thought that there was only LDS Singles! Anyway, what a fun experiment! You never know what might happen! I think that it is good to keep your options open...even maybe helping yourself...by doing something like LDS Singles to better your chances. Especially when the current choices are not panning out to be prosperous.
Sounds like you are having as much luck as my roommate...highly entertaining I think. You should probably read her post on the subject here: http://stephanieannjohnson.blogspot.com/2008/06/am-i-sure-about-this.html I think it's pretty funny!
About the LDS Planet guy-- knowing your "comfort" level at Maverick, I'm a bit shocked that you got a bit creeped out by him! Just kidding! I'm glad that you do draw lines....
I have quite a few friends who met there husbands/wives on LDS dating sites. One of my cousins on my Dad's side met here husband on-line. So it is a very legitimate way to meet people. I here LDS Link-up is the best but it's not necessarily a dating site. Good luck with that and you might want to tell Jonny not to count that out. Things have changed over the last few years and it's totally acceptable. Denny and I didn't meet on-line but the entire first month of our relationship happened via text. Technology is a good thing in love!
I'm glad to hear some positive feedback on this. Its refreshing to hear actually. Thank you.
This actually sounds fun! My friend, the Bishop's wife, always says "don't close your doors before they are open." So why not try it! Open that door! Good luck to you.
Hey Diddo to everything everyone else is saying honey!! I have some really good friends in my ward that meet on LDS singles and are now married with 2 children and live in a little house here in Thornton! I love them, and they are perfect for eachother, so good luck to you!
Post a Comment