Monday, September 14, 2009

Graduation Vacation... Post 3

We went to Clement Park on afternoon. You may remember the significance of this park. It is the park right next to Columbine High School. They have a memorial for all the victims of that tragic day. I was a Junior in High School when the shootings happened. I had never been to the actual school or the memorial before. The school looks just like it did in the news reports. It was surreal experience. It made it all real for me again. As I walked through the memorial, reading the stories and quotes, I was a junior again sitting in my Shakespeare class watching the events unfold on the TV. I took the time to reflect on what I would do in that situation. If I was the one with the gun pointed at my head, would I confess my belief in God? Maybe I wouldn't back then. But I know what I would do today.

Here are some pictures of my nieces and nephews having a good time at the park. We didn't take them to the memorial. The parents didn't want to have to explain to them what happened there. I don't blame them.







Cannon climbed the fence to get the baseball. This was his first time climbing a chain-link fence. I'm sure it will not be his last.




1 comment:

Karin said...

I love the pisture of Emma and Kalea! Two of the prettiest girls I know!