Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Gray's Visit and Jonny's Birthday

June 26, 2008 will go down in the history books as one of the funnest days ever!! It was my brother Jon's 22nd birthday. It also happened to be the day that my sister, Amanda, and her family came to Idaho for a family reunion. We got to spend the whole day together playing around and having the time of our lives.... and now I get to share it with all of you, where ever you are.

The day started off at Wendy's. We needed to fuel up our bodies for the fun day ahead.
















We went a little crazy while we were waiting for Amanda and Ryan to finish ordering our food... as you can probably see. And It seems as though Lindy is temporarily over her camera shyness.




We got finished with lunch around the same time as Jon and Jenna were getting home from school. We went over to Jon's apartment and played Guitar Hero for a few hours. Aisha really got into it and almost made it through a full song. Bre tried to work the strumming while either Jon or Aisha did the fingering. I think we convinced Ryan that this game is a worthwhile investment. :) Cannon, however, played so hard with the mini nerf basketball game that he was all tuckered out and passed out on the floor. This gave us a little more time to perfect our mad skillz.






















































So Jonny wanted to teach the girls how to slack line. They really got into it, especially Kaeli. We were causing such a ruckess that a bike cop came to see what we were all about. He recognized me from work and said to me "why aren't you getting up there, Maverik?" (I guess its better that cops recognize me for where I work than to have a personal relationship with them for a different reason eh?) Lindy was too scared to climb onto the rope but she was very content with blowing bubbles.



After Slack-lining and our run-in with the cop, we went out to dinner at Dad's favorite restaurant in Rexburg called, Frontier Pies. I don't know what to compare it to... Its just home cooked food like your grandma would make. Here is a picture of Jon and Kaeli waiting on our waitress. I think they are so cute!





















Instead of cake, Jon wanted Sour Cream Apple Pie. So I made him some. After the restaurant we all went back to my place and sang happy birthday to our growing boy. Everyone seemed to like the pie. Ryan, who says that apple is one of his favorite pies but still doesn't eat it... ate mine... and asked for seconds! Can you believe it? I will post the recipe on my Meg's cakes blog later on.

The picture of Breanna is how she reacted to all of the candle smoke. Man, Jonny must be getting OLD to make that kind of pollution.






After all the pie and ice cream were gone, I pulled out a special surprise for the kids...

TATTOOS!

Much to Ryan's disapproval we applied temporary tattoo after temporary tattoo. Jon was beside himself with joy, and even called it his best birthday ever! I am so glad that every one had fun... especially Cannon!







The expressions are priceless in these photos. So if you can zoom in please do :)












ARE THEY GONE YET???
After the party was all over Amanda let the three oldest girls spend the night at my apartment. We has so much fun! The first thing on their list of things to do was Manicures! They are such girly girls... a thing that I am not. Luckily we had Auntie Jenna's supply of nail polish or else the girls would be left to use... well, let's just face it... not much. We started with Satin Hands treatment by Mary Kay. Then we started painting away... my house smelled great!

After all the primping was over we popped in a movie, She's the Man, and made popcorn with M&M's and the girls cuddled up to their two favorite Aunties and one by one they drifted off to sleep... all except Bre. She stayed up till the movie was over and I finally made her climb in bed around 2 in the morning! She is one crazy girl.















































When can we do it again??? Soon I hope!

2 comments:

Karin said...

It's always fun to visit Auntie! How cute they all are! It looks like they all had fun!

Karin said...

Sorry I thought that you had this post all divided up! I LOVE the tatoos! And Jonny looks just great! I am glad that he had a great birthday and that you were a BIG part of that!